How does AIP Work?
Below is a step-by-step outline of the process for working with AIP interns. For more detail, please see AIP's Supervisor Guidelines.
1. Think about what you would like to have an intern do.
- Define intern responsibilities and/or projects
- Identify what you would expect an intern to learn from the internship
- Determine who will supervise the intern, and establish a plan for training him/her
2. Post an internship via InternLink.
- Only UC San Diego students eligible for the Academic Internship Program will have access to your listing.
- Interested students will email you their resumes via InternLink.
3. Interview and select an intern.
- Contact students directly to arrange interviews.
- Once you have offered an internship, work with the student to determine internship projects and learning objectives. The student will complete and ask you to sign a Learning Agreement that will serve as the internship contract.
4. Supervise and evaluate the intern.
- Provide ongoing direction, oversight and feedback to the intern.
- Create opportunities for the intern to work toward his/her learning objectives and gain an understanding of how your organization and industry function.
- Submit an evaluation via InternLink at the end of the quarter.
If you have any questions about working with AIP or developing internship opportunities, please contact us!