Course assignments for AIP 197
All students enrolled in AIP 197 must adhere to the requirements laid out in the AIP 197 Syllabus (PDF). A general overview of requirements is provided below.
The AIP research component is a critical part of the AIP experience that requires you to integrate the internship with your academic studies. All research papers must contain substantive academic content with a strong analytical focus. Papers must be on a topic related to the industry. The research paper is written independently under the supervision of a faculty advisor.
Faculty advisor:All students are required to find a faculty advisor and complete a Learning Agreement Form proposing the paper/project topic prior to starting the internship.
Helpful resources for your research paper/ project:
All internships should last the entire duration of the 10-week quarter, and all hours must be completed within the quarter.
- 2 units (Summer session only): 5 hours/week (Total of 50 hours)
- 4 units: 10 hours/week (Total of 100 hours)
- 8 units: 20 hours/week (Total of 200 hours)
- 12 units: 30 hours/week (Total of 300 hours)
Tracking hours:Track internship hours on a weekly basis using the "Track Hours" tool in InternLink.
Reflection is essential to the experiential learning process. Several reflection assignments are incorporated into the AIP course.
- Verifies that you completed your required internship hours
- Provides feedback on your internship performance